Re: replacement seats, carpet

Hi Jake:

I just happened to stumble onto the Stephens Alfa site last week, and it looks like they do a decent job of seat reupholstery, at a reasonable price. The place is actually owned by a few of the ex-Bobcor guys, which would seem to imply high-praise, but they've got a few cars for sale that might be a bit odd for even a semi-purist Alfisto. Dare I mention the Spider with a pseudo '63 Ferrari 250 GTO nose grafted on? Nonetheless, take a look:

http://www.stephensalfa.com/

http://www.stephensalfa.com/seats.html

My '87 Spider has the original carpets, which are a one-piece molded affair. I've never seen those for sale, but for multi-piece replacements, I might try one of the European vendors, if you're looking for a better price. Maybe Alfa Stop, Alfaholics, E B Spares, Highwood Alfa (all in the UK), or Hurtienne Alfa or OK Parts (both in Germany). I've heard that the Caribou carpets are cheap, but the quality is sub-par, although I haven't seen them myself and Ed doesn't provide samples. Caribou also has upholstery kits for less than $250, and I've heard they're of reasonable quality, but again, I haven't seen them.

http://www.alfastop.co.uk/news.html

http://www.alfaholics.com/

http://www.ebspares.co.uk/index.html

http://www.highwoodalfa.com/

https://diamant.safe-order.de/alfahurtienne/htdocs/english/katalog_start.htm

http://www.okparts.net/english/index.html

http://members.aol.com/SpiderParts/

When dealing with the overseas vendors, I find it easiest to just send them an email asking for what you need, as the online catalogs are often very incomplete. I'd try Christian at OK Parts first. Happy shopping.

Regards,

Dean W. Cains
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's