Back from Challenge

Hey all,
Not sure what I've missed the last few days, but we JUST got back from Florida, and the GRM $2003 Challenge.

We finished far better than I thought after finishing the drag race... Starting Friday, our 14.37 sec 1/4 mile was almost a full 3 seconds slower than the fastest (can you believe 11.4 for $2000???), which put us in quite a hole... 20th in this part. But 13psi, that was the best we could do, and things were starting to come apart.

But we did concours and got a respectable score (we finished 6th here). I'll have to post some new pictures, as we detailed the engine compartment quite a bit.

In the autocross, I managed a troublesome 8th. Out of 5 runs, 2 of them did not have problems. We started where we ended at the strip- down on boost. The second run had none.... Uh oh. Looked, and looked, and found that the intake was pushing itself apart. Not really that surprising, considering the pressure. So we put that back together, and mid way through that run- BAM- another part of the intake blew off, and left a nice dent in the hood. Put that back together, and I got 2 decent runs with all working. Not too bad, considering.

The current plan is to bring the car down to Florida, so please come down to the convention if you want to see the cheapest/fastest spider....

Now, what to do for next year. Go, or not? I'll keep you informed. For those of you considering, right now, its all about power.

Eric Storhok
Ann Arbor, MI

AROC Detroit Homepage: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~alfa/index.htm