RE: Fuse values for 1975 RHD spider?

<snip>
> The problem is, I have no idea what value of fuse should be
> in the fuse box at this position.  The owners manual doesn't
> list the fuse values, I can't see them written on the fuse box and
> 28 years of appalling owners have left the wiring in somewhat
> of a neglected state.
>
> I'm guessing it should be a 25amp job but this blows after
> using the wipers for 5 minutes continuously.
>
> Is this the right value and should I be looking for another
> problem?  The wiper motor isn't in fabulous shape but
> it seems useable (although the wipers don't self park).
<snip>

Hmmm,

All the fuses should be either 8 amp or 16 amp, so if you're blowing a
25 amp fuse, I'd start looking further.

There may be other stuff added to that circuit.  Try to eliminate that
first.  If the fuse blows with just the wipers running, then there are a
couple of simple things to check.

First, check all the connections in the circuit to the wiper motor,
especially the grounds.  Take them apart, clean them up, put them back
together.  Additional resistance can result in a higher current draw
through the circuit.

Second, try removing the cowl, then grease up some of the linkages for
the wipers.  Again, mechanical resistance can also result in higher
current required to run the wiper motor.

Try these first, if they don't work, post again.

bs