How to get a code for a radio?

In a message dated 4/5/2003 10:30:49 AM Central Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 13:51:02 -0800 (PST)
> From: Monty Mathisen <monty@domain.elided>
> Subject: How to get a code for a radio?
>
> Does anyone here know how to get a code for a factory Milano radio? I'm
> thinking of buying the one off ebay but they do not have the code.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Monty

       You need the VIN number from the car it came from.  Then you call
ARDONA or their successor in Florida and they tell you the code.  That worked
for me a few years ago when I bought my 91 spider.  Sorry, but I do not have
the phone number or exactly who it was I called.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City