starter ring gear

I happen to have a 1970 1750 on the engine stand, so I counted the teeth on
the ring gear - 110.

Ed Prytherch
Jeff Greenfield wrote:

Not all 2 liter cars had the same ring gear. 72 & 73 with the .7hp starter
had a 130 tooth ring gear, 74 and up (1.1 hp starter) 131 tooth, and I
believe the motronic cars had yet another (different ring gear).

I've heard of people using the 1.1hp starter with the earlier cars/130 tooth
ring gear and it seems to work without any problems.

Don't know what ring gear the 1750 used, but looking at the IAP catalog,
they list a different number for the 1750 ring gear than either of the 2L
ring gear.

Clear as mud?