Slow down, son, you'll burn somebody!

       I would suggest you open up the exhaust flow and forget about the nay
sayers.  Of course, my theory is that anything that makes your Alfa sound
louder will also make it faster.  Or it will seem faster anyway.
       Since chassis stiffeners do nothing to increase the noise level of the
Alfa, they surely cannot have any performance advantage.  <grin>

       Seriously, I have put a lot of miles on a number of Alfas with various
exhaust configurations including straight pipes with little or no back
pressure.  I have never burned a valve.  I have gotten stopped for overly
loud exhausts, but my theory there is that many cops own a Harley and any
Alfa that makes less noise than a Harley is legal.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City