71 & 74 Starters Interchangeable?

Hi Everybody,

I know this has been covered before and I apologize for not paying
attention.  Would anyone know if a 1974 GTV Starter will work on a 1971
Spider with a 1750.  The 1750 Starter looks allot smaller than the 74's
starter.  Is there a way to find out? For example count the teeth on the
starters?  The car in question has a 2000 Transmission if that makes any
difference?

Thanks in Advance
Ralph DeLauretis