Re: holes in the muffler (sorry)

Oooooops!  Please ignore my previous post.  Anthony is correct!  How quickly
I forget.  The reason for the burned valves is not exhaust velocity or
thermal shock.  It is indeed due to runing overly lean.  The hot rod guys
know this from installing headers and having to re-jet the carbs.  Presumably
that's not an issue with the modern closed-loop FI systems (if the injectors
can keep up with added airflow).  But I doubt a hole in the muffler with
increase airflow that much.
       OK.  I'll shut up now.

Sorry,
Charlie