Keeping the Critters Out (was: Weird Stuff in Alfas)

Reading all the posts about digesters finding woodland critters (or evidence thereof) in underhood areas makes me wonder - do you all know about mothballs?

It's a habit I picked up from my Dad - every year before parking the RV for the winter, he hits the storage areas and underhood area with a nice big honking moth cake.  The odor keeps the critters out.  I've never found mice evidence in the underhood or trunk area of any car so prepared.

However, I wouldn't use it in the interior, and I always put them on a tinfoil tray (like the old tv dinners) so that as they disintegrate, I don't end up with moth goo anywhere.

- Paul Witek
CBA (Currently Between Alfas)