RE: Weird things found in P.O. Alfas

A few years ago I came to receive the proverbial free Alfa, a 69 GTV. The
P.O. had started to make a track car out of his Alfa. He had put on huge
fender flares and had basically destoyed the body. The engine had been
rebuilt but never run and had not been reinstalled. Upon inspection I found
huge globs of blue RTV all around the engine. I decided to disasemble the
motor to remove the evil goo. What I found in the oil pan was far more
sinister than RTV, a mouse nest constructed primarily of Corning (pink)
fiberglass and paper. The P.O. had not installed the distributor.
My son found decicated mice under the hood pad and under the rear parcel
shelf on his 78 Sport Sedan. Every spring he has to clean out the mice nests
from his GTV6, however, this could be due to his habit of leaving food and
emty cans in the car.

John Katos
West Dundee, IL USA