Spiders in Spiders

About a week ago we were putting the engine back in my '58 Giulietta which
hadn't been run in about 15 years.  The carb (a downdraft Weber 2 barrel)
looked okay but I figured I'd better clean the bowl anyway.  When I blew into
the carb inlet to test the float needle no air would pass through.  I removed
the filter bolt and nothing seemed to be blocking the brass screen so I blew a
little harder.  About the time that I was turning purple and my veins were
about to burst, out popped a leggy little spider carcass right under my nose.
Boy, he sure took a wrong turn at Albuquerque!  He must have crawled in at
some point when the fuel line was disconnected.  The weirdest thing I've found
in a used vehicle was in a '87 Ranger that I had owned for about a year.  One
sunny day I was driving with my arm out the window and I pulled 1/2 of a joint
out of the drip rail.  It kind of startled me and I tossed it pretty quickly.
I used to be able to say that I haven't touched the stuff in 30 years but I
guess technically that's not true now, even if it was only for about two
seconds.

Bill Sinclair
'67 Duetto (only large amounts of bondo and fiberglass left by the previous
owner)
'58 Giulietta Spider haven (or maybe heaven)