Re[2]: chassis stiffener - Series 4 Spider

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 07:36:03 -0800 Glenn Wasserman <glennwa@domain.elided> wrote:

> Well hang on now - when you say legal for SCCA autocross, what do you
> mean? There are classes for everything, from go-karts to motorized
> barstools.

> The stiffener is not legal for the stock classes, but would be surely be
> allowed in the Modified classes. I'm not sure about Street Prepared -
> maybe someone more knowledgeable than I could answer to that.

modified, sure, nearly anything goes in modified (you could put a chevy
smallblock in your gtv if you wanted to.)

stock, definitely not.

street prepared -- didn't used to be legal, but i'm out of touch with the
  current rules. probably not legal, though, the SEB is conservative with
  that sort of thing

prepared -- not sure, would need to look.

there are some new street mod and street touring classes targeted at the
custom street racing crowd. stiffeniers might be legal there, don't know.
i've never reviewed these rules.

richard