Re: 5/16th" vs. 8 mm Fuel Hose

I use 5/16" hose, and I can't imagine how a temperature swing is going to get them leaking... are you not using FI hose clamps?

--Mark

Karl D wrote:

In theory, 5/16 should be better at preventing leaks, all else being equal, given that 7.93mm is a tighter fit than 8mm.

I believe that the BMW hose is less likely to leak due to it's construction. I will be going to the BMW dealer this week to replace the 5/16" that I installed yesterday.

(For those of you that don't own one of these beasts, we're not beating a dead horse. A fine spray of leaking fuel in an engine compartment noted for it's high heat and tight confines is a recipe for disaster.)