Re: Milano whining driveshaft

You have a bearing problem in the transmission . . . not the driveshaft and not
the differential.  The driveshaft turns all the time the engine is running and
the differential only turns when the car is rolling.  The input shaft and
countershaft of the transmission turn when the clutch is engaged . . . whether
it is in gear or not.  The transaxle has to come apart to find the problem.

Regards,
Jim Steck