Fuel fumes in car.. yuck!

This may be an easy fix. Check the seal and tightness of the gas cap. For
some strange quirk of aerodynamics, on the road, fumes leaking from around
the gas cap can get into the cabin. I have found this to be the case on my
Alfa and on my Nissan Quest. Our quest used to always smell like gas. I
looked and looked for leaks, to no avail. Finally someone told me to check
the gas cap. Sure enough it was loose. My wife basicly just put the cap in
and gave it about a quarter turn, never tightening it. That was the source of
about 4 years of automotive frustration.