Re: Wanted: Pair of good 164 "S" cams

Buy new lifters and make sure they 164 parts.  Alfa recognized the cam wear
problem and with the help of Rochester Products (yes, General Motors) started
installing redesigned lifters in the 164.  Never install used lifters on a new
cam, and never mix the lifters once they've been broken in.  If you find a used
164 "S" cam with the lifter positions marked, go ahead and install them.  Any
other combination will likely result in failure very quickly.

Regards,
Jim Steck