RE: cal smog exemption

<snip>
> If anyone wants to read the complete email, I'll send it to you. This
is ok
> for some of our cars, but for me, I drive them on a daily basis, and
one of
> my Alfas has to be my primary vehicle, since I only have Alfas.
>
> I wonder if I should keep complaining, or if my first communication is
> enough to voice my displeasure.

Disclaimer:  I don't live in California, but I travel there on a regular
basis..

Quite frankly, I've got to side with the senator on this one.  Seems
like they did a pretty good job of trying to accommodate the typical car
enthusiast.

California, being a state where, for the most part, you will never
encounter any road salt, lends itself to citizens who might be tempted
to drive a car forever, in many cases with minimal maintenance.

If any vehicle is being driven more than 12,000 miles per year, then
it's not unreasonable to expect it to conform to some level of emissions
standards.

When I visit your lovely state (which I do for about 1 week every
month), I expect clean air to breathe!

And if you don't like it, you can sell your gross polluting Alfa to me,
I'll bring it back to Massachusetts, where we have different ways of
keeping old, polluting cars from being daily drivers - we salt the
roads, which means you either park them for a significant portion of the
year, or the salt removes the problem..

:)

bs