Re: Converting three port fuel pump system to two port pump

I'm pretty sure mine is plumbed as follows:

fuel goes from tank to pump.
fuel then exits pump to spica pump.
fuel returns to rear of car to a T fitting.  one end
goes to third port of pump, the other end goes back to
tank.

i thought the third port was an outlet that would dump
fuel back into the return line and back to the tank if
the pressure got too high, like from a block.

i could be wrong, but I'll check the plumbing next
time i'm down there.

ian