Re: White dusty residue in SPICA line

Pure speculation: corroded aluminum, esp. from galvanic corrosion (Al in
contact with some other metal, esp. in the presence of water) forms a white
powder.

As for pronunciation, I'll drag out the tired joke:

In 1968, just prior to the release of the new Alfas with the new fuel
injection system, an Alfa was brought over for Sebring wearing Lucas
mechanical injection.  When asked if this was the new system expected
on road cars, the answer was: No Spica, English!

james montebello
one SPICA-equipped Alfa
one SU-equipped Mini