White dusty residue in SPICA line

Hello All:

As long as there is SPICA talk going on...(when isn't there?) I have a question about
some white dust-like crud I noticed in the throat and beveled surface of the #1 outlet
at the pump where the hard line connects.

Last weekend I had to move my stuff from my friend's shed. I was disconnecting the hard
lines from a pump I purchased from a "good running" '78 Alfetta sedan, (along with the
manifold, airbox, linkage, etc. to convert my '81 monofarfella SPICA to the 4-butterfly
manifold) to get everything into a box. 3 of the 4 outlets are whistle clean, as I
would expect. #1 has what looks like lime scale buildup. I didn't have time to
investigate further. Do you know what I'm looking at....that is: what is the stuff and
what will I have to do to diagnose/treat? Someone once told me that the pressures
developed in the pump were high enough that almost nothing stuck in the injectors. I
wonder about this however.

Thanks for the info...

Oh, yeah, pronunciation. SPICA, is it spEYE-Ka or spEEE-Ka?

PJ Wise
Assorted Italian conveyances, including "Verena Ragazza", '81/'78 Spider.
http://platinum.yahoo.com