Re: Recommendation for Alfa 115's Manual Transmission non-hypoid Gear oil

Jay,

> Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:58:14 -0600
> From: "Gratchner, Jay [Contractor]" <jgratc01@domain.elided>
> Subject: Recommendation for Alfa 115's Manual Transmission non-hypoid Gear
> oil
>
> I am looking for an non-hypoid manual transmission oil for a 1989 Spider
> Veloce.  I believe Alfa Romeo recommends Gl-4.  It appears U.S. oil
> manufactures add to many friction modifiers that doesn't give the Alfa
> Romeo
> syncros enough "bite".
>
> Does anyone have a winner recommendation?

Try your local Shell distributor.  They should carry or be able to get Shell
Spirax (as recommended in the owners manual) in 1qt bottles.  I've also heard
local autoparts stores will order for you in case of 12 quantities.

> Jay Gracchi
> Portland, Oregon, US

Cheers,
Charlie