Re: NOS

Whatever happened to nitrous oxide being referred to as NOx, with the x being a subscript like in a chemical formula? Is there a real reason for calling it NOS, or is this akin to some jackass at GM deciding that "mass air sensor" sounded better than the grammatically-correct "air mass sensor?"

-Joe Elliott (who still thinks "rim" refers to the outer edge of a wheel)