NOS and a Volvo

Richard, honest goodness, when the new cars, but-non-Alfa-site is up,
I'll move this stuff over.

Young guy from next door holds up a sign which reads 'NOS filling
station'. I say, "Cool." I go back to work wondering the logic of
'filling station' in conjunction with New Old Stock. Fifteen minutes
later, there is a slight flicker of light. Oh............nitrous oxide.

Alfa time trial guys can now come out to beautiful Irwindale and fill up
that canister you've carefully tucked away so you'd have just the
teeniest bit of an edge at Willow, or Monterey.

********
Later I'd just shut down for the evening but the vinyl graphics guys
next door (it's a crowded place over there) were doing graphics with
flashlights in their mouths on a brand new Volvo (painted Rosso red -
isn't that the darker / deeper red?).

Owner asks if I'd like to look inside. Yeah, sure. He turns on the light
and the first thing I noticed was it was so new even the plastic on the
beds was still on.

Did I mention it was a really great big mother Volvo? In addition to the
two beds, its gots your automatic gearbox (there's something wrong with
those two words in conjunction with one another), an air bag, and a
drawer which can be substituted for a refrigerated one. The dash looked
like something out of a Mercedes, complete with elegant wood molding.

I happened to be looking out the window when he left - could barely hear
the engine.

Assuming there's enough left, it might be fun to buy one to haul cars
and stuff around when that rather elusive lottery jackpot finally comes
in.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA