Re: Spider Chassis Stiffener

I've read several accounts of problems installing the chassis stiffener on
the Spider and thought I'd pass along this bit of "How I learned to install
chassis stiffeners" info.

First of all there is a flaw in the instructions. They tell you to start at
the front then go to the back and install the big bolts that go through the
trailing arms. This is exceedingly difficult to do. If you put the rear
trailing arm bolts in first it is very easy to use an appropriately sized
round pry bar in one of the mounting holes in the forward plate and frame
member to align it so that you can get the other two bolts in and started.
There's plenty of room and you will have ample leverage to make this a very
easy task.

It will cut a lot of cursing and swearing out of the job.

Paul Irvine - Antioch CA
Project Alfa - ready for first road test this weekend