GTV Electric fan conversion - elegant solution for switch

Hey cats,

I wanted to pass along an elegant solution I found to the electric
fan switch for the conversion from engine fan to electric fan.

Most who have done this conversion either use the thermoswitch
that slides in between the radiator fins, or the one that wedges
under the rubber radiator hose and goes into the water.

Well, the Saab Turbo from 1987 (maybe other years too) has an
inline housing and switch for the upper radiator hose. It is
identical in diameter to the lower Alfa radiator hose. I got one
in the junkyard for under $5.

The switch has 115 deg / 110 deg engraved, and has exactly
the same thread pattern as the Alfetta switch to the radiator. The
Alfetta switch screws right in but has 85 deg / 80 deg engraved,
no doubt due to being lower in the water system. I plan to use the
Saab housing and the Alfetta switch in the lower radiator hose, since
the Alfetta switch is mounted low in the radiator. If the temp in Alfas
is near 115 deg in the upper radiator hose, I guess that the Saab switch
could be used straight from the junkyard, but I have a new Alfetta
switch and like it to be lower and out of sight.

Hope someone else can use this tip as well.

Stefano
Oakland, CA