Re: distributor cap and plug leads dry now..still no start

John.,
       Back to Autoshop 1A basics.  If the car won't start, check

1)  Is the engine cranking over at normal speed?  If yes, proceed to next
step.  If not, it's a starter motor, battery, soleniod, switch problem (most
likely).

2)  Are you getting spark?  Pull one of the plug wires and hold it close to
ground while a friend cranks the car.  If you get spark, go to step 3.  If
not, you need to figure out if it's the spark box/ECU (not sure what the
Milano uses), crank sensor, etc.

3)  Are you getting fuel?  If you can remove one of the injectors (on the
L-jet Spiders, the cold start solenoid is easy to remove - I'm not familiar
with the Milano) and watch it while a friend cranks the engine, you should
see fuel coming out.  If not, now you need to figure out if it a bad fuel
pump, bad filter, bad ECU, bad mass airflow unit.

At any rate, it's impossible to troubleshoot hard starting problems from
email unless you can isolate the problem to the battery/starter motor,
ignition or fuel system.  If you can tell us which step above fails, then the
Milano experts can give you more details.

Cheers,
Charlie