broken 164 differential survey

I have seen a few references to catastrophic failure of the 5-speed 164
differential. It would be beneficial to share details by a survey of
those that have experienced a broken transaxle. Please share any
knowledge of these failures including: mileage, type-of-fluid and which
164 model. My primary interest is the type of transaxle fluid. Send
details directly to me.

Regards,

Ken Stevenson