Re: alfa-digest V9 #352

In a message dated 3/19/03 5:11:30 PM Pacific Standard Time, richard writes:

> i believe that the hood shape of the guilia and guilietta are slightly
>  different, as the 1600 engine is taller. the 1750 and the 2000 out of the
>  105/1152 are even taller still, and fitting them to either a guilia or a
>  guilietta might be challenging.

Yes, they're different for that reason -- on the spider. Don't believe the
hoods (bonnets) are different on the sprints or saloons or SS's or TZ's, but
then I don't have any of those, so I won't claim to be an expert.

I think I remember discussion on the 750/101 list about this very topic (and
some mild flames about authenticity, but we won't go there) and the basic
resolution is the proper set of engine mounts will make the difference. They
may even be available off the shelf from one or more of the usual suppliers.
You still get to fabricate a set of exhaust manifolds/headers and a few other
things ... challenging is a good descriptive term for the effort.

Mr. Besic, you have a 2L in your 750/101 spider hot rod, don't you? Care to
share?

Tom
Seattle
6310123 (being sensitive and wanting to remind everyone that it's Giulia,
G-I-U-L-I-A)
7711615