Chassis stiffener for spider

Hi all
I am considering installing the chassis stiffener available from IAP on my '87
spider Quad. I would do this mostly to eliminate the unsettling cowl shake I
experience when driving over bumps in the road and RR tracks.  I welcome any
comments from folks who have installed the stiffener on their spider.  Is it
heavy?  Is it easy to install?  Does it eliminate the cowl shake and improve
steering response as advertised?  Is it worth the cost?  I look forward to
your replies.  Thanks.

Jim Hand
Glen Ellyn  IL
84 GTV6