Targa Florio 72

Bob,

Aren't you referring to the 1972 race ?  I thought that Galli had some
mechanical problem or he just skidded under pressure but your post
indicates otherwise. Since you are around and it's not feasible to ask
Galli or Chiti or any member of that Autodelta service stop, would you
share your knowledge?

...and yes I will bite.... how do you know?

I know that Galli managed to turn a 1.5 minute advantage (which was due to
his team-mate' s Hemut Marko inspired driving that day) to 1.5 minute
deficit but all contemporary race reports I have read, just comment on the
'extremely long time' it took Galli to complete a lap at mid-race and
speculated that he must have spun somewhere.

Regards
George Caracatsanis
Athens,Greece

Anybody interested in the subject can read a race report (in Italian)
at:http://www.cervia.com/ferrariclubforli/targa1972.htm
and race statistics for the specific race all Sports Cars races at
http://www.wspr-racing.com/results/wscc/ms1972.html#10

--
http://www.freemail.gr - dyqe\m upgqes_a gkejtqomijo} tawudqole_ou.