101 Vs 105 drivetrain

This may sound blasphemous, but what is involved in fitting 105 series
engine/tranny/rear axle and front suspension to a 101 chassis. Is it at all
feasible ?

I've been searching for a restorable Guilietta over here in Oz and most
prospects are bare bodies in need of major reconstruction.  I'm not scared
of doing the bodywork myself as I'm not after a concourse rebuild.   I
figured it may be possible to utilise a lot of 105 mechanical parts to get a
car roadworthy/trackworthy while I collected the correct pieces to carry out
a more faithful resto at a later date (on retirement !).

I believe a non-original resto job would be better than seeing the chassis
go to landfill ???

If it sounds possible, what year 105 equipment would fit the best ?  Will a
1750, or even a 2000 engine fit, remembering that all Aussie cars had carbs
?  Modification of the propshaft for length, or modification of other parts
is not a problem for me.

Thanks

Paul 'Beatle' Bayly
Oz

'89 75TS
'76 Alfetta wreck

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type image/gif]