2L Transmission Mount Installation

Need a little help. I'm in the process of changing the rear trans. mount on my
73 Spider and a few questions have come up.

1. Any suggestions on how to get the old one out with the trans. in the car?

2. What orientation should the mount be in for installation? I was not
expecting to see the mount asymmetrical. The center support is offset relative
to the O.D. of the mount.  I expect that the support should be down when
installed. The manuals that I have do not address this issue and I do not want
to take the existing condition as correct.

Regards, Al