F1, Nascar, races

Let me say my opinion on the topic.

I am European, I don't get to see Nascar, but for what I know
it's deadly boring. I would surely test ride one though! :)

F1: I think it's just another boring thing.
I do agree here there's much more technoloy, 7seconds pitstops,
a lot of different racetracks, corners, handling, and all what we
like.

BUT: it's too damn money driven. Management is driven by TV market and
other related things. Sport isn't the pure thing in there. It's just
a show, probably a reality show.  Money gaps between teams makes the
race too boring: there are always those richer teams, racing the best
cars, paying the best pilots. The few F1 races getting interesting are
those run on heavy rain: the weather factor kicks a lot of racers
out the track, making the final positions absolutely random.
You don't see overtaking. When there's one it's kinda like an event itself
and speakers talk about it the whole race. Most position are decided by
pitstop strategies and things like that.

It's different, but again it's a boring thing set up for MASSES.
Wanna a real race?  Watch Turism class (where you can see the 156), watch
prototypes, watch World Rally Championship. There you get the fun and
the show!!!

Luca

"With dreams to be a king first one should be a man" Joey DeMaio
937, '87 Alfa 75 Turbo, '90 Alfa 75 1.8ie, '75 Benelli 500 Quattro, RM250
http://members.xoom.it/nodoubt73