Re: Steering wheel

From: Ralph Moorhouse <ralphmo@domain.elided>
>Subject: Steering wheel

Anyone have a favorite (aka effective) potion to bring life back into a sun
hardened leather steering wheel?  My somewhat aged Momo wheel on the Milano
is showing a few surface cracks on the top of the rim near the windscreen.

I've had good luck with Leatherique(.com) products (they have extensive
info on their website; also, http://alfabill.com/ has good prices).  The
stuff that softens the leather requires heat--slop it on the wheel, cover
with garbage bag, and put the car in the sun with windows up to bake all
day.  They also have a crack filler (requires mixing with correct colored
dye).

Bob Wilkinson
72 Spider (leather shifter and handbrake covers)
71 Jag XJ (lots of leather)