Re: Steering wheel

Oooh.  In my experience, that's tough to do.  At RENNtech, we had a master
craftsman upholsterer from Wiesbaden who did all of the custom interior
work.  The guy was simply amazing in his knowledge and craftsmanship when it
came to upholstery of all kinds.  When he looked at my old Ducati seat,
which was in similar shape to the steering wheel you described, his comment
was: "Ja.  Zis leather has died.  Is like when YOU die.  Is the end.
Finished."

If it's dead, it's dead.  If it's just pretty dried out, but not too bad,
then in my experience the best stuff around is Griot's Garage "Leather
Rejuvenator".  Worked pretty well on my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee steering
wheel, which was tired but not "dead."

Paul Misencik
Huntersville, NC  28078
email: paul@domain.elided