164 ON A DYNO

Hi Alfisti,

We got a cool new toy at work, a DynaPack all wheel drive dyno. I had the
chance to hook up my daily driver 164 auto box.

Well, without any prepping, she put down 143 hp to the wheels. Considering
it has a slush box, I'm trying to figure if this is any good.... it's a 22%
loss from flywheel hp ratings from Alfa. 40 hp to drive a transmission and
axles? (it does have an a/c clutch that is pretty tight, I'm wondering how
much this hurt).

This set up is good because there is no wheel slip, as it connects direct
to the hubs and controls the rpm as it increases for a smooth and easy to
duplicate run.

So, what do the officials consider good drivetrain loss for a fwd auto box?

Old Black sounded a helluva lot cooler than the Subarus at 6000 rpm though...

Bill Harkell
AlfaBill LLC
Tampa Florida USA
http://alfabill.com