Re: GTV6 rear brakes

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:13:50 -0500 "Spencer, Graham" <Graham.Spencer@domain.elided> wrote:

> Ok, I guess I need some help. First off does anyone have any idea how to
> get
> the bolts holding the rear rotors on loose?

i have managed to get all but 2 out of my wife's gtv-6

i have gotten recommendations for a number of wrenches (bonney, snapon,
mac) but have yet to get one.

basically, you want a 6 point box end, longer than usual, which lays flat
(most box ends have an angle at the end, but this induces a torque.)

i'm considering switching the whole thing to the milano allen head
arrangment while i've got it apart. this would free me up to be destructive
in getting the two remaining bolts out.

richard