RE: GTV6 won't start--alternator?

> My '86 GTV6 stopped cranking a couple of weeks ago.
>
> I *think* it might be that the alternator has finally died.  I've
owned the
> car for over 2 1/2 years and all of the peripherals like wipers,
radio,
> power windows, etc have slowly been losing speed and power.  I put a
new
> battery in two years ago and recently put in a new voltage regulator,
> courtesy of the boyz at Centerline, which didn't solve my problem.
>
> I tried to start the car again yesterday.  It turned over once and
then all
> I got was a clicking sound--also, the starter was replaced a few
months ago
> for what that's worth.  The interior lights and clock still work as
well.

> So, sorry if the above is a bit confusing.  If anyone has any comments
> would appreciate it.

Stop guessing!

Sounds like the alternator, however why not just jump start the car and
drive it somewhere where it can be properly diagnosed?  The equipment to
test alternator/battery only takes a few moments to hook up and run.

It's a PITA to r&r the alternator on a GTV6, so do a proper diagnosis
before just swapping parts.

bs