GTV6 won't start--alternator?

Hi,

My '86 GTV6 stopped cranking a couple of weeks ago.

I *think* it might be that the alternator has finally died.  I've owned the
car for over 2 1/2 years and all of the peripherals like wipers, radio,
power windows, etc have slowly been losing speed and power.  I put a new
battery in two years ago and recently put in a new voltage regulator,
courtesy of the boyz at Centerline, which didn't solve my problem.

I tried to start the car again yesterday.  It turned over once and then all
I got was a clicking sound--also, the starter was replaced a few months ago
for what that's worth.  The interior lights and clock still work as well.

So, sorry if the above is a bit confusing.  If anyone has any comments I
would appreciate it.

Regards,

Kit
Seattle