Re: Clutch Bleeding

One trick I learned of rather recently is to buy an aquarium air line check
valve at your local pet emporium (about $2 to $3). Splice it into your bleed
tubing between the bleeder screw and the container that you use to catch
used fluid. You can now bleed a hydraulic line by repeatedly pumping the
pertinent pedal. No need to keep opening and closing the bleed screw. Just
be careful not to completely drain the reservoir of the master cylinder in
question.

A litle trickier to use with an Alfa clutch line (at least with the one used
on my Spider) due to the need to manipulate and hold the slave cylinder in
its bore to ensure that the bleed screw is at the highest point. But works
like a charm on the brakes when you have no helper available.

Hope this helps.

Joe Fillip
Swarthmore, PA

'67 Giulia Super