RE: clutch bleeding

-----Original Message-----
From: David Partridge [mailto:David_Partridge@domain.elided]

<snip>
My question is, can I do a "gravity bleed" like you can do with brakes? Or
do you need to pump the fluid through?
It's difficult for me to get a loaner foot to pump pedals when I do stuff
like this.
<snip>

Not a direct answer to your question, but perhaps a solution. I use a short
length of tube with a simple one way valve at the end. makes for a cheap and
easy way for one foot to bleed.

All you need is a piece of clear tube (allows you to see the bubbles)
a fitting of the end of the tube
either a rubber flap, or a spring from a ball point pen and a BB.

The fitting is the only thing I don't know how to easily explain, I've tried
many and currently am using a couple of tapered black plastic pieces (sort
of a solid cone) inserted in the plastic. I'm making this sound terribly
complicated and it's not. Speaking of a pen, seems like the tip of a bic
inserted in the end of the tube, with a flat piece of plastic with a hole
inserted in the tube would work great.

Here is a simple diagram:

Flat plastic bit    spring      BB     Tip