RE: clutch bleeding

<snip>
My question is, can I do a "gravity bleed" like you can do with brakes?
Or
do you need to pump the fluid through?
It's difficult for me to get a loaner foot to pump pedals when I do
stuff
like this.
<snip>

You could always get a Speedbleeder fitting.  This is a one-way fitting
as Graham described.  You replace the existing bleed screw on the slave
cylinder with the Speedbleeder, which incorporates a check valve.
They're pretty slick.  I don't have one on my clutch system (yet), but
use them on the brakes with good success.

Jeff Matson
Harvard, MA
'91 164L
'74 GTV 2000