RE: Wheel bearings (GTV6)

One of my old Alfetta manuals states that the nut should be done up with a
feeler gauge between nut and washer (0.004" IIRC)  I've always erred on the
sloppy side and never had any probs either on the track or during hours of
high speed runs in the heat of the Aussie Top End.  If the nut is too tight
or the bearing is overpacked with grease, you will see a shorter in-service
life.

If you are concerned about the variation from one castellation to the next,
try swapping the nuts and washers from left to right, and also combinations
of both.  If you are a perfectionist you can rub a few hundred thou off the
nut, but this will soon change as the bearing beds in, so don't just
set-&-forget".

Beatle
Oz

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type image/gif]