Re: alfa-digest V9 #318

I second that request, Ian. I just ordered a G-Tech Pro Competition model performance analyzer. It requires a really accurate vehicle weight to return meaningful horsepower, torque and braking performance figures. I've been told that places who sell sand and gravel by the weight have scales for trucks and weigh the vehicle before and after filling it with product in order to deduct the empty truck's weight and thus get the weight of the product alone. If this is the case, I know of a couple of places, most notably, the big sand and gravel works off of Harbor blvd in Redwood City (go right off of 101). But there are places which weigh vehicle for other reasons as well and these might be more approachable.

George Graves
'86 GTV-6

On Friday, March 7, 2003, at 08:22 AM, alfa-digest wrote:

Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 12:35:43 -0800 (PST)
From: Ian Lomax <sfalfisto@domain.elided>
Subject: Where to weigh a track car? - SF bay area

Hey gang,

As I get my project Alfetta ready to run, I'd like to
weigh it as is to get a baseline before I start
pulling parts off.

Any suggestions on places in the south bay to weigh a
car?  I'm happy with a total vehicle weight at this
point, since I'm really just looking for a baseline.
Once I get the weight down I'll start worrying about
corner weights.

The car is in Santa Clara.

Thanks!
Ian Lomax