Re: Synthetic oil change or costs? who knows-- was alfa-digest V9 #304???

I would suggest going to 7,500 mile oil and filter changes. Of course all of this assumes an engine in good operating condition. No lubricant is going to repair a damaged engine and abusing a cold engine still isn't a good idea but today's synthetic lubricants are light years ahead of regular oils. Thomas A. Gonnella
Thomas:

Thanks for all the testing and data! I'd suggest 10 K miles as Alfa recommends. Has worked in all my V6's.

Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX