Leaving AD for a while

Hey folks, I just wanted to let you all know I'm taking a break from the
AD for a while.  Here lately I've found myself deleting the AD 95% of
the time.  I am basically burned out on Alfas right now.  I know this
troubles many of you to think this way.  The 164 has slipped the timing
belt (on cold start up!!) & most likely bent valves in the rear cylinder
bank.  This has totally broken my Alfa spirit.  It happened 1 month
after I paid it off too, belt & tensioner had about 10k mi on them.
That's not really the point though.  It's just the straw that broke the
camel's back so to speak.  So, for now the 164 will sit in my garage,
under a nice cover, waiting for my Alfa spirit to reawaken.  If someone
local would like to buy it, well, contact me offline to discuss the
idea.  I will not just give it away though.

It has been wonderful reading about all the trip reports, buying,
selling, parting out Alfas, fixing Alfas, Fred's advice, Bill's Alfa
parts blowouts, John H.'s historical notes, Micheal's Saab comparisons,
etc etc etc.  Also, talking with Luca offline for 6mo before actually
meeting him in person, then having a fantastic Alfa/motorcycle weekend.
We'll do it again man!!  Sooner than later, for sure.  It's good we
still keep up the offline conversations about all that stuff ;-)

So, what I'm getting at is I'm not fed up with Alfas, I just need a
break from them for now.  I love them all dearly & cannot think of a
fitting replacement.

This will be my last post, you can contact me at the following:
v-ntxzco@domain.elided or nwarc10@domain.elided (feel free to IM me)

Cheers,

Zach

Redmond, WA