Praise for Actron/SunPro

I have to pass on my great experience and make a shameless plug for Actron
Manufacturing.  I received one of their digital multimeters
(RPM/volts/ohms/dwell/diode) as a gift from a buddy about 20 years ago.  It's
been one of the most useful tools I've ever owned, so when it failed recently
I was seriously bummin'.  I expected I'd be shopping for a new multimeter, but
just for the hell of it, I Googled Actron and found their website. I read the
info on repairs, and sent them an email.

In a couple days, one of their reps sent me a note instructing me to pack up
the meter, and send it to them with a check for $27 (their flat rate for
repairs) plus $5 for s/h.  He said if they could not repair the meter, they'd
replace it with one of equal or greater value.  I emailed back for
clarification -- I asked "you'll replace it for the cost of repairs?  No other
charge?"  The reply was yes.

Today, my brand new SunPro meter arrived in the mail.  I Googled it, and it
retails on the web between about $55 and $75.  I got a pretty good trade-in
for a broken 20 year old meter.

I would have been surprised to receive this kind of service if the meter was 5
years old (you know, "electronic equipment is non-returnable" is the usual
story).  For them to honor their commitment to a customer from 20 years ago is
amazing.  There are still businesses out there that value their customers, and
Actron has proven to be one.  If you need a multimeter or a timing light or
other home garage equipment, I'd recommend you purchase one of theirs, it will
be the last one you buy.

Tony Sims (no stock, no affiliation, just happy)
Portland, OR
74 GTV 2000 (sold!)
70 2800 CS