re: vacuum hose question

Scott,
	You need hoses that will not collapse over time from heat and vacuum
..and not be affect by oil from blow-by.  I tried some 7/32" vacuum line
(regular AutoZone supply) awhile back and my severe blow-by contaminated
them so badly that they swelled up like sausages and would almost fall
off the barbs by themselves.  Others have had much better luck with the
same vacuum line.

	I went and got some 5.5 mm (ID) polyurethane hose from McMaster-Carr
which comes in an assortment of colors (I got red).  It has a good wall
thickness - a bit less than the OEM tubing but much less than the
standard vacuum tubing - and is unaffected by many chemicals.  When new,
they fit pretty tight on the barbs but after a few months they are a bit
looser.  I think that 5 mm hose would be just the right size.  I found a
local supplier of pneumatic supplies (in Rockville off of Guide Dr. but
I can't remember the name of the place right now) that has the same
tubing in metric when I was looking for some 5/8" steel tubing.

	I've got some extra 5.5 mm tubing that you are welcome to try.  Even
bought some 3.5 mm stuff for the vacuum line from the engine all the way
back to the gas tank...in green, of course.

	Bruce

	'86 Spider
	'73 GTV