Valve cover

I opened my valve cover today in order to change cams and I found markings 105 2003 on existing exhaust cam. Lift is about 10 mm and I don't have reason to suspect that it is anything else but stock.

And the questions:
My car is running with webers and the valve cover still has plastic squares attached with rivets. Holes of rives go throgh cover. Is there any good ideas what to attach to these holes. I'd like to clean up that beatiful motor.
Also how to clean that aluminium cover, not necessarily polish but maybe some brushed surface would be nice. How to clearcoat cover after cleaning?

Thank you in advance

Heikki Rinta-Koski
-76 Spider