Help with smog laws

Digesti,

TJ asked for ideas to help fight the latest onerous smog law.  I remember the
last time there was a potential threat that the car club association got
together with organizations that serve the low income communities.  It seems
that people with low incomes tend to drive older cars.  A law that would
essentially "tax the poor" is very bad politics.  Perhaps that is the tactic
we should take with our letters to our representatives.  Lest we look like
rich whining sports car owners.  Just my 2 Lira!

Dave De Rosier
Sunny San Diego (Yah! I know it rained)
1969 Spider (never for sale)
1967 Spider (still very much for sale)